Scrap or waste plastics can be reprocessed
Plastics have astonishing strength, structural designs, and excellent recycling features and plastic recycling is the new environmentalpolicy trend in communities across the nation. Scrap or waste plastics can be reprocessed into useful products such as bags, microwave dinnerware, chairs, tables, decorations, furniture, medical equipments and other variety of objects. There are many plastic recycling companies in South Africa but Pelmanco Recycling CC have proven beyond reasonable doubt that they are the master of the game when it comes to plastic and plastic recycling.
According to Pelmanco, plastics are made up of different polymers, which include:
- Polyethylene terephthalate (PET) used for beverage containers such as bottles for water, soft drinks and salad dressing, as well as in clothing industries.
- High-density polyethylene (HDPE) used in contact with food such as milk bottle, juice bottle and bottle for organic solvents. It can also be used for trash bags.
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) used in houses for making linoleum on the floor, vinyl car tops, raincoats, shower curtains, and water pipes.
- Low-density polyethylene (LDPE) used for packaging, e.g. foils, trays, frozen food bags and or plastic bags, and squeezable bottles for food and non-food purposes. It can also be used as protective coating for paper, textiles and other plastics.
- Polypropylene (PP) used for microwavable dinnerware, margarine tubs, and disposable cups and plates. It can also be used in ropes, carpets and thermal under wares.
- Polystyrene (PS) or Styrofoam used for egg cartons, disposable plates and cutlery, and for safe shipping of fragile products. It can also be used as packaging material to preserve hotness or coldness of beverages from cups.
Plastics are categorized according to their resin identification code in which polymers are being identified. Through uniform identification of codes to polymer types, recyclers could easily classify plastics according to their resin types. Plastic recycling have different ways and different uses. The code provides plastic recycling to be economically feasible.
Nowadays, plastics are being recycled not only for business purposes but also for environmental reasons. The more plastics you recycled, the more money you saved, and at the same time, the more you contribute to the environment. Compared to wood, paper, cardboard, glass and metal, plastic recycling are somewhat complex since it requires extensive processes because of the intermolecular forces of attraction between polymer chains but plastic recycling companies in South Africa like Pelmanco understand this and carries it out effectively.
One way for effective and efficient plastic recycling is through the use of dyes and fillers that are commonly utilized in beverage bottles and plastic bags, thus recycling is much easier and most preferable in this way.
Collecting products, e.g. plastic bottles, out of our garbage cans and even in our landfills, and identifying their polymer types, are best practices for effective recycling. From time to time, plastic recycling become a source of income without causing damage to the environment. Pelmanco Recycling cc is a plastic recycling company that manufactures plastic pellet: we also sell and buy mix plastic, clear plastic, consol plastic, wrap plastic etc.